Monday, October 15, 2012

Creamy Potato Soup



I've tried a few potatoes soup recipes since my married dinner making days began. This one I kind of just put together and it turned out be probably my favorite batch I've made!
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 large onion, chopped or 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
  • 1/2 pint half and half
  • 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
  • about 8 slices of bacon
  • Dried parsley
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Peel and cube potatoes and boil for 10 mins. Drain. Mash to your liking, I mashed about 1/2 the potatoes. Let sit in strainer.

cook bacon until crispy, chop.

Pour in 4 cups chicken broth into large pot over medium heat. Add butter, cheese, half and half, onion and garlic. Stir until butter and cheese are melted. Add in potatoes. In individual bowls sprinkle parsley and bacon pieces.

I actually bought bread bowls for this soup to go in but I forgot about them until the next day, but the soup was really good in the bread bowl!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle! It's Dee Dee from TheSunshineMoms.com. This soup looks delicious and would be perfect for dinner this week. Don't you just love it when a little experimenting in the kitchen results in a yumm-o recipe? Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a potato soup recipe last night and I didn't find one I liked. I wish I had looked at this yesterday. Gonna try it later in the week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so yummy! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete